When you embark on a new relationship with someone, it is natural to have positive feelings for your new-found partner. But regardless of whether your relationship is moving towards a long term commitment or not, the pacing is a crucial part that ultimately decides whether your relationship will survive the test of time or not.
You do not want your relationship to move too fast into something that you are not ready for, nor do you want it to move too slowly to the point that it isn’t going anywhere at all. So how do you tell if your relationship is moving at an ideal pace?
Here are some signs that will help you determine whether your relationship is moving at a healthy pace or not.
Your Partner Doesn’t Ask You For Advice
- If your partner never seeks your advice and chooses to go to friends and family instead, it’s a sign that your relationship isn’t moving at a healthy pace. All of us have a network of trusted friends and family but within a healthy relationship, partners should feel comfortable enough depending on each other’s help along with all the other people they trust.
You Haven’t Met Each other’s Family Yet
- According to professional love coaches, if the two of you have been together for a while and still haven’t met each other’s family members or close friends yet, it is a sign that your relationship is not moving at a healthy pace.
When two people are deeply connected and in love with each other, they typically can’t wait to introduce their best friends and family members to each other. If your partner still hasn’t made the move to introduce you to all the people they consider an integral part of their life, your relationship is moving at a very slow pace.
You Don’t Make Plans Together
- If the two of you don’t struggle to make plans for the next Friday evening or an upcoming holiday, this could be a sign that your relationship isn’t moving at an ideal pace. A healthy relationship is when both partners are equally vocal about their tiny and larger commitments with each other.
If your partner is reluctant to commit to next weekend’s plans, take that as a potential sign that you’re likely not up there on the priority list yet. In a balanced relationship, both of you should be cooperating and working towards mutual goals.
Your Partner Ignores Your Text Messages
- Let’s be honest, some people are just not texters. But if your partner constantly fails to reply to simple text messages you send them, it is a sign that something is off. It is a very simple thing but if a partner consistently ignores your text messages, this is a red flag that needs to be taken into account.
You Don’t Discuss Hopes and Dreams With Eachother
- When a relationship is moving at a healthy pace, partners will continue to get close to each other and will increasingly feel more comfortable to openly share their hopes, dreams, and vulnerabilities.
So if the two of you have been together for a while now and you’re still struggling to find out who your partner really is, it is a strong sign that your relationship has stalled or moving at a very slow pace.
A relationship that moves too slowly isn’t good for the future of both of you. Relationships that tend to slow down or stall will immediately consume you. If you’ve noticed that your relationship is moving too fast/slow, it is very important to discuss it with your partner.
And if that doesn’t turn out the way you expected it to be, then you should consider seeking advice from professional matchmakers.
At Matchmaker Review, we have some of the best dating and relationship coaches that are ready to help you figure out why your relationship is not moving at a healthy pace. There is no point in spending time and effort on a relationship that has completely stalled. Talk to one of our featured relationship coaches today and help them help you figure out whether it is a good idea to continue with the relationship or move on.
If you’re feeling like you’re ready to move on, Alisa Purifico’s The Scouted List may be a great option for you! Our professional matchmakers can help you find the perfect partner – someone who is compatible with you and moves at the same healthy pace as you do. Visit The Scouted List today to learn more and get on the list!