We know how easy it is to say ‘just relax and enjoy’ the dating process, barf. Because most singles end up going through a long, irritating, depressing, and painful process of finding a reliable partner.
The key to successful dating is to master your expectations and perspective. Inevitability leading you to actually enjoy it! Otherwise, what’s the point? We know when you’re going through a string of bad dates, you’re not going to end up feeling motivated to fall in love, but with a few tips and a little mind-shift, you’ll lessen the negative impact a bad date has on your self-esteem.
With that said, here are a few things you can do to make the dating process a little bit easier:
Read Below Or Watch Alisa’s Video
It’s A 50-50 Thing
- When you are going on multiple dates, don’t expect to marry every person you meet. Don’t even expect to want to kiss every person you meet. If you’re over 30 years old, falling in love is going to feel differently than it did when you were a kid, period.
Don’t Hyper Focus on Failed Dates
- Accept the fact that although dating is about connecting with the other person, it isn’t always the right time for an individual to be dating. Expect this to be a reality if you are dating on the apps. This is a sea of unvetted individuals.
Know when its time to work on yourself first. If you’re finding you’re walking away from every date with a heavy heart and head, it could be time for a break. The dating burnout cycle is real. Discover new things, try new hobbies, talk to more people, read books, join a gym – just keep working on what makes you feel centered and motivated.
Prepare To Make Amendments
- You’ve heard it before. Be prepared to be flexible. As we age, so do the complexities of our lives. Your list of requirements can’t be the same in your 40s as it was in your 20s – you have a whole new set of baggage. Go back to basics, make a list of 5 non-superficial attributes that are important to you in a relationship. Use those as your pillars and let the rest be negotiable.
- This is not to say that you should begin dating people with tons of baggage, it is just to say that there are ways to be mindful of which things are actually important when it comes to relationship building.
Stop Being Fussy
- As someone who is looking to settle down, you are probably on the search for the ‘perfect’ partner. The problem is, perfect partners, do not exist in the real world. If your mindset is too narrow, you’ll be searching for a long time. Instead, examine what your foundational nonnegotiables are. Your health, your finances, your faith, your values. If your goals and values line up – then arbitrary things such as height and a busy work schedule become moot points.
Let Us Help You Out
At Matchmaker Review, we provide a platform for individuals who are stuck in the constant loop of terrible dating. If you’ve tried your best, without a result, perhaps it’s time for a strategy change.
Matchmakerreview.com is a place where some of the best Matchmakers in the country have gathered to help individuals like you. We have featured Love Professionals who are ready to help you shoulder this exhausting dating scene.
Utilizing their networks of highly vetted singles, our Matchmakers will pair you up with singles that are actually in the same boat you are!