The covid-19 pandemic has posed a host of unprecedented challenges to mankind. When push comes to shove, we usually come up with out of box solutions for such challenges. Covid-19 has also altered our patterns and modes of communication. Digital space has emerged as the new king for all sorts of communication.
The dating world has also aligned with the digital world. Consistent lockdowns, social distancing practices, and an atmosphere of fear and uncertainty have obstructed the usual dating practices. This pandemic has forced people to stay at home which has given them a lot of spare time.
What better way to utilize this time than to look for The One?
- Zoom, FaceTime, Skype and other similar platforms provide the opportunity to connect with your virtual date without any hassle. While it can lack certain charming aspects of a conventional date, virtual dating is a lot cheaper, faster and less daunting.
All you need is a stable internet connection, your charm, wit, and persona and you are good to go.
- But wait. Surely, you want to put in more effort to make a lasting impression on your significant other, be it a first date or a fifteenth. What can you do to make your Zoom or Facetime date more fun and less mundane?
Read on because we have some great tips for you:
Find The Light!
Humans are visual creatures and first impressions are usually based on what we see. Zoom and Facetime are also visual media and good lighting and flattering camera angles can make quite a difference. Before you initiate your virtual date, make sure you are seated in a well-lit room. For most people, sunlight can be flattering. If it’s nighttime, choose a room with warm lighting and not harsh white lighting.
- We know our faces better than anyone else. We know which feature should be highlighted more when facing the camera. Place the camera in such a way that your best feature and better side focused more.
Looking attractive will give you confidence. Confidence and self-assurance are the top ingredients for a successful date. Virtual or otherwise. To make the ambiance romantic and intimate, you can ignite candlelights as well.
And on the 8th Day, GOD created FILTERS…
- Camera angles and lighting will only work if you have also made some effort to appear presentable. We recommend you to put on a flattering dress which accentuates your face and upper body. Wear your favorite accessories and do your hair.
Granted you won’t meet your date in person, but that shouldn’t stop you from the usual dating ritual of dressing up. Dressing up well will also get you excited and get you in the right mood. If you get complimented by your date for your attire and effort, consider it the cherry on top of the cake.
Establish Intimacy through Text Message Prior to Video Chat
- Text messages can be a great way to break the ice, especially if it’s the first date. Once you have set a date with your potential significant other, exchange light-hearted text messages.
It will give both of you an idea of each others’ likes, dislikes and common interests. You will then have something interesting to talk about on your virtual date.
- Text messages provide more control over the message you want to convey, compared to video call. So use it to your advantage.
Keep the Conversation Light and Joyful
- Needless to say, 2020 has been a difficult year for all of us. However, we recommend you to steer clear of serious and worrisome topics like unemployment and impacts of Covid-19 etc.
You do not want your virtual date to become a somber living room conversation. You certainly don’t want to come across as a buzzkill. Keep the conversation light, enjoyable, and risque.